Neck Hammock Review – Introduction
In today’s world with desk confined jobs, the growing number of people with neck pains and head pains is growing. It causes difficulties to the people who no matter what have to show up to work the next day leading to a series of serious diseases which cause problems in the later stage if not treated right away. Whether you are lying down in bed or long hours, the damage can be caused at any point in time and it can be so painful, that it could take a long time to cure.
To set a relief from this, neck hammock has been introduced for the purpose of coping up with this problem. Anybody that is going through a chronic pain condition or tension headaches can use this product to help reduce such strains.
What is Neck Hammock?
It is a product specifically designed to cope up with the neck pain and headaches and treating some of its symptoms. It has small hammocks that support the head, which stress the vertebral space of the spine. With the use of only 10 minutes, it provides pain relief and blood flow and provides oxygen to the brain. The material used in the product is soft which does not rub against the skin causing rashes. It is a portable device, which can be, carried anywhere and it very cost effective. It is affordable and provides instant relief from the pain.
The product can be used anytime whether you are lying down or sitting upright, the applicability of it is super flexible. People, who go in for physical therapy and have to regularly make those visits, can now avoid doing that by making use of this device, in the comfort of their homes. Skipping those meetings or get-togethers can be avoided with the use of this device regularly.
- Sleeping in the wrong position throughout the night
- There is the possibility of a compressed nerve that can cause this
- Spending too much time on the screens or on other electronic devices
- There is a herniated disk somewhere in the back of the neck
Neck hammock is a cervical traction device, which is made to cater to people who are struggling with neck and head pain. The reasons why one could actually suffer these pains are listed below:
Features of Neck Hammock
- Durable Material:
The material used in the neck hammock is durable and is also medically approved which makes it sturdy and good for long term use. The neck traction slings are sewed with cosy foam pads for better comfort.
- Easily Attachable Straps:
The loops can be attached easily to doors, ceilings and railings which makes them flexible and can be used anywhere. The loop straps end makes it easy to hook in.
- Sleep Mask:
It is a feature added for the better comfort of the customer while resting the neck on the hammock. By sliding the input on the eyes the customer can have better comfort.
How does the Neck Hammock work?
A lot of people today are spending time working and just being there for long hours. The stress that this era faces today are also more in number and to cope up with the financial needs, one has to put in double effort and time.
This device works similar to the physiotherapy device that doctors use. A cervical traction device that is used to help relieve this pain is similar to the Neck Hammock. It works by lifting your head off the ground and separating it from your neck. This helps in stretching the muscles gently on your neck and relieves some of the tension that you are facing.
The back is considered to be the essential part of our body and keep that part right, is imperative for a safe and healthy lifestyle. On using the Neck Hammock, one realizes that it stretches all the main muscles in the back, which helps with blood circulation and helps the blood provide nutrition to its muscles, hence reducing the pain in the future.
With the help of Neck Hammock, the pains that you may encounter in the future can also be avoided.
Need of Neck Hammock:
- Simplicity of use:
Without proper treatment, the neck pains that are caused after a long day of work or exercise can worsen and cause a lot of discomforts. It can cause strain on the muscles. With the neck hammock being completely handy, it can provide instant relief to the neck muscle tenderness. All you need to do is place your head on the neck traction sling and let the hammock do the rest.
- Improves Blood Circulation:
Low blood circulation can cause neck and joint pain. In the absence of proper blood supply neck muscle efficiency can be reduced. Neck traction hammocks help in the better blood flow in the body and provide comfort to the user.
- Replaces Physical Therapy:
In case of neck and joint pains, the ideal option the customer chooses is physical therapy but with this product, the need of physical therapy can be eliminated and thus help in recovery in a better way.
Advantages of Neck Hammock
- Provides pain relief at home.
- It is a cost effective product.
- It a helpful in stretching and relaxing the muscles.
- It increases the blood flow into the muscles and helps in treating pinch nerve which causes tension.
- It does not require any therapist and is a modern way to relieve pain.
Disadvantages of Neck Hammock:
- The customers felt a bit uncomfortable while using the neck hammock.
- Due to lack of instructions, the users felt a bit difficulty in setting it up.
- It can worsen the symptoms if not used properly.
- The Padding provided on the collar was not very comforting.
Tips for using Neck Hammock:
- The neck hammock should be used the instance the person feels the pain as any delay might cause less relief later.
- The neck hammock provides the most relief when used while lying on the floor on a mat. While using the hammock in this position, it affects the back in a better way and provides better comfort.
- For the hammock to work better, the customer should choose the right spot for using it. The manufacturer recommends using it on doorknobs also but it can be dangerous for the customer as all the doorknobs are not equally strong. The use of heavy furniture is recommended.
- The customer should stick to the use of the hammock for 10 minutes only as if it is used for a longer period of time on a regular basis then it can cause serious damage to the head, back or spine.
Can anyone use the Neck Hammock?
People, who sit for long hours behind a computer or screen, are the ideal target market for this product. The Neck hammock can also work quite well for those who like to keep fit, exercise regularly and end up having sore muscles post the heavy work out. It helps them with stretching the muscles that would otherwise be ignored.
In addition to this, an important point to understand is that it is not suitable for people who are 16 years old or younger. Also, people who suffer from a chronic cervical injury are suggested not to make use of this product. It is always recommended to speak to your doctor before making a decision that impacts your body and its muscles.
What comes in the Package?
- Straps: Multiple straps are provided to wrap around a pole or a door jam in your homes.
- Eye Mask: Helps with easier relaxation and more focus on the process of relieving pain.
- Door Hanger: The signs that hotels use like ‘Do not Disturb’ are provided as well, which helps with non-interference during usage.
- Foam cushioned wrap: A head and neck wrap is also provided, which is made with foam cushion and it also comes with added pads that help cover the base of your head and ears, to make the position more comfortable.
- Carry Bag: The bag from Spandex is included to fit the Neck Hammock with all the accessories that have been listed above.
Initially, when you suffer from any head or neck pain, you first try your own home remedies to get rid of the pain. A heating pad or an ice pack or some safe to use the ointment, all of these ideas are applied instantly.
With the Neck Hammock being introduced, such remedies are considered to be more of a hassle than a solution for excess, repeated pain. The hammock is super simple to use and assists with the medications that you take.
There are few other devices that are available in the market like the Neck Hammock. One of them is the Cervical Neck Traction Device from Ever Relief. This device involves the use of inflatable devices and looks like a small collar with a pump that you can attach to the end. It comes with Velcro straps that can be adjusted to fit the collar comfortably around your neck. It makes use of the air technology that pushes and pumps air for relieving the pain. While this device is cheaper than Neck Hammock, it can easily be damaged if the air is accidentally driven away by some poke or pins.
Another alternative is the Posture Pump Cervical Disc Hydrator, which is designed specifically for compressed discs and similar conditions by making use of a pump to get the traction one requires. This product costs more than twice the price of Neck Hammock and the hammock is more recommended by practicing chiropractors.
Neck Hammock is a very handy product and is recommended as it helps in relieving the pain instantly and can be carried anywhere. It is easy to use the product and is also cost-effective. It can also help in relieving the symptoms of slipped disks and tension headaches. It is effective for curing pains at home without any major complications.
Not only does it help with shooting pains that you might face, but it can also help relieve the pain from sciatica. With the carrying bag that it offers, it is easy to store around anywhere in your homes and even very convenient to travel with. Also, the risk associated with losing any of the accessories is reduced as it is all placed in the carry bag. If you are looking for something simple to treat your muscle pains around the neck and head area, Neck Hammock is a great choice.